Carole Robertson Center for Learning is hiring education Tutors/Coaches between the ages 18-24 years old for a grant-based position serving the westside community. The Education Tutor/Coach will be eligible to participate in this Youth Employment and Education Initiative at either 2929 West 19th Street or 3701 Ogden Avenue beginning now and ending December 31, 2020.
This Position will be Part-Time $15/Hour, with 20-30 hours per week scheduled.
During this Program the Education Tutor/Coach will receive training to effectively work with School Age Children, Behavioral and Classroom Management training, CPR/First Aid, and Abuse and Neglect, and Trauma informed training. The Education Tutor/Coach will also receive training to develop their LinkedIn and other professional Job readiness skills.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS
Maintain a high-quality youth development space where youth feel physically and emotionally safe. This includes keeping each students space clean, clutter free and sanitized. Creating learning areas where the students may engage in play, online learning and other education related activities in a socially distanced manner.
- Help support students with their remote learning. Assist youth with navigating the online tools.
- Assist with homework, identifying any strengths and challenging areas and communicating those with parents and teachers
- Maintain systems to recognize positive behaviors and build social emotional skills in all youth
- Ensure all supplies, classroom, common use areas and playground are maintained
- Participate in staff meetings, training sessions, conferences, workshops, and other professional development activities
- Comply and adhere to all compliance and licensure standards, including local, state and national regulatory entities
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, or bend, for child’s physical needs.
- Physical agility to attend to the activity levels of youth.
Carole Robertson Center for Learning is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. Carole Robertson Center for Learning evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should
call (312) 243-7300 ext. 226 with their request.