Current Board Membership
William G. Hibbard Elementary School
Stephanie Kruse Curley
Hightower and Boler
Olusegun Ishmael MD, MBA
Alumni Parent Representative
Cook County Health Systems
Kelsey Malnati Howell
Mark and Jeanne Malnati Family Foundation
Kurt Mamon Insurance Co, State Farm
Parent Policy Council
University of Illinois Health
RBN Insurance Services
ACH Food Companies, Inc.
Dianne Robertson Braddock
Honarary Robertson Family Representative
Jamellah Braddock Ellis
Honorary Robertson Family Representative
President & CEO, Ex-Officio
Carole Robertson Center for Learning
Our Board Members Have First-Hand Experience with the Center’s Programs
The Carole Robertson Center for Learning has a unique governance structure that ensures those we serve have a strong voice in organization growth and development and that it maintains focus as a family-centered and community-driven organization.
Center by-laws require that the majority of the Board of Directors is comprised of constituent representatives, such as current or former parents of a Center participant or alumni of the Center’s programs.
These board members bring a deep understanding and the first-hand experience of the Center’s programs and the communities served.
In addition, the Board of Directors includes community representatives who bring a range of outside expertise and experiences along with a commitment to community-based work.
- Planning the long-range future of the Center
- Assuring adequate financial support for the organization
- Providing leadership in fundraising
- Adopting policies to govern the affairs of the Center
- Evaluating program and organizational effectiveness
- Employing and supervising a qualified CEO to manage daily operations and implement the goals and objectives of the agency
The Board of Directors elects Community Representatives when such vacancies arise.
- Terms of membership are two years
- Membership requires participation in at least one committee, fulfillment of an annual fundraising commitment
- Attendance at meetings monthly, special events, and Board retreats
Want to Join?
We look for those with an interest in:
- Community-based work
- Early childhood education
- Youth development
- Parent leadership
- Non-profit management