Strategic Priorities Manager
The Strategic Priorities Manager serves as a project manager and strategic thought partner to the Chief Executive Officer on key organizational priorities and projects to advance the mission and vision of the Carole Robertson Center for Learning. This role works with the CEO and the executive team to execute and manage high-priority, cross-functional projects. The Strategic Priorities Manager supports the CEO, serving as her proxy in community meetings and committees, and helps to manage relationships with external stakeholders, providing analysis and advice, and drafting executive communications for internal and external stakeholders. The Strategic Priorities Manager will play a key role in the implementation of the Carole Robertson Center’s strategic plan. This role will also monitor the organization’s impact through performance indicators and dashboards as well as assist with additional projects as determined by the CEO.
A. POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
B. JOB TYPE: First/Mid-Level Manager
C. POSITION REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
D. POSITION LOCATION: 1111 S. Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60612
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS
- Manage internal teams and workflows for the Carole Robertson Center’s three-year strategic plan.
Develop organizational dashboards for, monitor progress of, and assist with implementation of the Carole Robertson Center’s strategic plan.
- Manage cross-functional project groups, including projects dedicated, but not limited, to grant-writing, budget planning, programmatic expansion, and event planning.
- Develop dashboards to track and measure progress, specifically related to executive team and CEO-led initiatives and projects.
- Manage relationships and coordination with internal teams to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Support relationships with external stakeholders, including, but not limited to, strategic planning partners, community networks, elected officials, government agency partners, research partners, donors, funders, and advocacy groups as assigned by the CEO with an eye towards advancing the Carole Robertson Center’s mission, vision, and agenda.
- Develop reports, analyses, and memos to inform Board of Directors meetings.
- Assist in research of topics, analysis of data, and preparation of briefs, memos or speeches for CEO.
- Staff meetings and advisory groups that involve CEO participation, including planning agendas and materials, and coordinating follow through.
- Represent the Carole Robertson Center as proxy for the CEO as needed.
- Draft external communications, remarks, and publications for the CEO.
- Support scheduling, planning, staffing, and executing of CEO-led events, board meetings, and other councils/committees that the CEO serves on.
- Work with the executive team and staff from all departments to move the organization’s strategic priorities and objectives forward.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college/university in social services, education or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent a plus
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Minimum two years of experience working in a mission-driven organization in a role supporting senior management
- Some knowledge of early learning and youth development programming, and human services government contracts preferred
- Previous experience coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for flawless execution of projects
- Demonstrated experience in managing “upward” among senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-pace environment with multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to relate to diverse internal and external constituents and strong team collaborator
- Ability to prioritize and communicate to team members key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment are required
- Sound decision-making and initiative-taking skills
- Proven experience designing key performance indicator dashboards
- Proven experience in project management within agile environment
- Strong analytical and budgeting skills
- Proficiency in technology, including Microsoft Office and Power BI
- Unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrates passion, humility, integrity as a leader
- Exudes a positivity, compassion, and care in every facet of the role
Carole Robertson Center for Learning is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. Carole Robertson Center for Learning evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should
call (312) 243-7300 ext. 226 with their request.